A Little Perspective

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Remote Control For My Life

Hi friends, sorry I'm a crappy blogger lately. But I vow to be better! Starting...soon. Anyways, it's been a pretty uneventful few weeks. Despite this I still somehow manage to have those little special moments each day where I wish I had a remote control for my life. It wouldn't even need to be one of those crazy hi-tech remotes that people use for their tivo (which btw I was exposed to this past weekend and it gave me a headache), just 3 buttons really: Rewind, Fast Forward, and Mute. Rewind so I could go back and re-do those stupid times where I did something thoughtless that is usually considered mean or petty. Fast Forward so I could get those excruciating phases of life over with quickly, and Mute, which I think I would ironically use to mute myself more than anyone else. Pretty sad statement for a life eh? Oh well. On the brightside, I am continuing my campaign for a brain-rotting summer by reading absurd amounts of meaningless (and usually juvenile) fiction. I've made it through probably 8 books already. Is it any wonder people gasp when they hear how old I am? (Seriously at least 3 people, some even CLOSE friends, have done this in the past month, what do I look like I'm 12 or something?!) I mean if you do the math, a 25 year old without a bachelor's degree is a pretty sad statement for a life. Maybe I'll start wearing pigtails just to play it up. Especially if it gets me those cheaper kids meal's at the yummy restaurants. Of course in my defense, I am tackling a decade old resolution of reading the unabridged version of Count of Monte Cristo...so that counts for something right? Hm, pigtails reading an Alexandre Dumas novel, kind of an oxymoron. But so is my life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chelsea said...

Eh a bachelor's degree doesn't get much these days anyway. Just sell your extra organs, write children's books, and buy a fish.

May 19, 2012 at 12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home