A Little Perspective

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Really Really Ridiculously Good Looking Model

First of all, sorry for all the blog construction friends, I thought i'd give the blog a face lift...but then I decided too much change gives me a headache, and especially that stupid font. Less is more. So we're sticking with classic from now on k?

Anyways, today was a rather exciting day. Actually, it was kind of a crappy day. Especially when some jerk decided to honk at me because I was walking in the crosswalk and had the right of way when obviously his haste was more important than mine, thus giving him license to shatter my wonderful little dream walk home. Why does that make me so angry? I don't know. But I felt better once I changed Taylor Swift for some good old fashioned angry Bravery. Haha. So. Wow. I veer too much from planned subject matter. No wonder I'm failing my English classes. You'd think after 5 years studying literature you'd be able to carry a logical thought process...but no.

The point: today, while at work, I got to live the Zoolander dream. At least just a little. So I'm sitting at my boring library desk job, like always, typing away and organizing some horrible lost book list and trying to warm my hands up because it's nearly sub-zero temperatures down in our work lair, when all of the sudden, one of our curators briskly opens the reading room door and demands, "Let me see your hands!" With furrowed eyebrows and a slight tremor of terror, I whip my hands out from the keyboard. Now I'm thinking to myself, "Oh no. What is he doing? Searching for evidence? I didn't do anything! I'm innocent!" But before I can ready myself to hire a lawyer, he abruptly changes his tone and says, "Ohhhh. Very nice! That will do!" Well that wasn't really expected. So he tells me he needs help and signals me to follow him into our little seminar room. Turns out that they were shooting some photos for some scholarly presentation with a very old book and needed someone with "supple hands" to hold it open. So basically, my hands are now famous. I, Elyse Marie, am a hand model.... Cool story Hansel.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenny Dunn said...

Cool story indeed. You crack me up.

February 8, 2012 at 7:44 AM  
Blogger Becki said...

Ha ha ha! Elyse, That is awesome! You are going to be famous! Hey, idea... one weekend when you are home in salt lake, let us get together!

February 8, 2012 at 7:45 AM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

hahaha! That's great!!

February 8, 2012 at 10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home