A Little Perspective

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Sounds Like a Personal Problem

Is it just me or does anyone else have trouble acting like a normal human being around the person they like? I always end up pulling my foot out of my mouth and then cursing the day I ever opened my mouth in the first place. What induces me to believe that if I use words it will come out in my favor? Bah. If only taping my own mouth shut was socially acceptable.

On a completely different topic, I am ready to graduate. I am ready to be done with college, move away, and get on with my life. Not to say that it'll be anything productive, but at least I'll be going somewhere. Somewhere not here. I swear the only thing constant in my life is the desire to run away. I keep thinking just around the next turn I'll be content, just one more move and I'll finally find that happy little sunset. Where is my sunset?!?! I just keep watching everyone else find theirs instead.

I hate my compulsive tendencies to compare everything around me...strengths, weaknesses, successes, failures. Stupid. Just stop. Nothing good EVER comes of it. And, I'm tired of everyone asking me what to do. I can't even figure out what the heck I'm doing with my own life, so why on earth are you asking me? Don't satisfy my vanity and pretend like my advice is worth something because let's be honest, it's not. So quit asking. I can barely stand being accountable for my own rotten choices, don't weigh me down with yours.

Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest. The end.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Glauser said...

I always have the feeling that I want to run away, too. Where is my sunset? After the last approaching sunset got dashed to pieces, I just have no patience more, or room in my small, small heart.

I, on the other hand, wish people who don't really know me would stop asking me what I'm doing. Because I have no idea, and the dreams I have are ones I don't really want to share with everybody for fear they'll never work out.

September 24, 2009 at 3:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home