A Little Perspective

Sunday, August 30, 2009

So Long Summer

Well, the moment has finally come. The time when I have to bid summer a fond farewell and brace myself for 8 long cold months of academic torture. Ok so maybe that's a little dramatic, but after spending a week in Lake Powell with some of my favorite people, the prospect of school isn't very alluring. Not to mention I still haven't finished my English Ed application. Any volunteers to be in my video? I'll make sure you get a witty comment in about an Austen or Bronte novel? No...well alright then.

Let's just go back to Lake Powell for a second. Best vacation ever. Seriously. Of course getting there was a bit of a trial. Like going on a 2-hour detour and then almost running out of gas in the middle of a scorching desert. I think Jordan learned his lesson though: sometimes the girl has a point. :-) Once we got there though, it was an all out party. Between swimming, hiking, tubing, eating, boating, tanning, wakeboarding, stargazing, and just laughing...there was never a dull moment. Props to the Hale family for making the trip a total success.

In other news...I went to my new singles ward today. Pretty standard stuff. Filling out information sheets, posing for awkward ward directory pictures, introducing yourself 500 times, scoping out dating potentials, scoping out dating competition, smiling until your cheeks hurt, listening to the bishop teach about chastity, listening to the bishop tell us we should marry eachother and yeah, that basically covers it. Let's face it, the mormon culture is just a little weird.

Well class starts tomorrow and I've got to get up bright and early for a TA interview. Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

Blogger Becki said...

good luck!

August 31, 2009 at 8:27 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

That's exciting! I hope you get it. Take luck!

August 31, 2009 at 3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home