A Little Perspective

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sulking? I think not!

I had one of those moments recently. The one where you're sitting there, assessing your life, and all of the sudden the sad truth hits you like a ton of bricks right in the gut. Knocks the wind out of you and almost makes you cry, but then you suck it up and put on a brave face so no one else will realize what an idiot you are. Yeah. But instead of sitting around and sulking in my own stupidity, I've decided to overcome it.  

Firstly, making comparisons between people, including yourself, is 100% counterproductive and everybody loses. So we're done with that.

Secondly, it is possible to care too much about what people think and then let that get in the way of the person you really are. Not anymore.

Thirdly, everybody needs a listening ear sometimes, NOT someone to tell them what they need to do...just listen. This is me shutting my mouth.

Fourthly, everyone is at a different place in their life and we all evolve at different paces, which means a little patience goes a long way. Flipping that leaf over.

Finally, I am the one in control of my life and my happiness, not anyone else. Which means I get to choose and I'm the only one to blame if somethings wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home