A Little Perspective

Friday, July 17, 2009

Going Nowhere Fast

Does anybody else ever have those days where they feel like the whole world is moving except for them? Like everyone else is moving on to bigger and better things while you're stuck in the same exact place? Well...today I'm having one of those days. I'm having another one of those mid-life crises...yeah yeah I know, I have them every four months, so sue me. I can't decide on where I want to go for school, I'm bored of my job already, and I'm itching to leave the country yet again. Yesterday I got a call from the organization I was going to go to China with last winter and they basically offered me a position teaching English in Mexico next fall, all expenses paid. How bad do I want to pick up my life and go? Pretty dang bad. But I won't, because I'm a good girl who does what she's supposed to do. Life would be a whole lot easier if what I was supposed to do was what I wanted to do. Why is it that those two rarely seem to coincide?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home