A Little Perspective

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Expectations

I’ve been pondering on expectations recently, and I think I’ve decided to adopt a new philosophy. A wise person once told me that they always keep their expectations low so they can’t be disappointed, and if your expectations are exceeded, it’s just a pleasant surprise. Yes, this is the pessimist’s way, but when have I ever been really good at optimism? Precisely. There are enough disappointments in life without creating more out of failed expectations.

In other news, everyone I know and their dog is getting married. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m happy for those people who find “the one,” but do they all have to do it at once? I am loving the single life and I don’t anticipate an end to it in the near future. But being single isn’t fun anymore if all your friends are married. Eesh. Can’t you people just stay single for my social life’s sake? It’d really help me out anyway.

On a happier note, today is Saturday, it is raining, and I don’t have to work. This is the makings for a good day. That is all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Riya said...

hey, look at the bright side, i am still single! ha ha!

May 4, 2009 at 7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home