A Little Perspective

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Horizon of My Little World

Well, a few things to relate since my last blog. Wow, it's weird how fast your life can change in two quick weeks. First, my wonderful roommate is now engaged to the boy she's wanted to marry for quite some time. I am extremely excited for her...and yet sad that I won't ever get to share a bedroom and giggle all night with her again. Second, I finally quit my job at the bookstore and now work in the library again. It's amazing how much stress and pain that simple act has taken off my shoulders. Third, and most exciting (for me at least), is that I've officially been accepted to study at the Jerusalem Center in January. I was ecstatic when I got my letter yesterday. I skipped out of my spanish class just to stay home and read all of my packet info. Of course now the heavier things are starting to sink in as well. The $10,000 cost is definitely daunting...especially considering I haven't even made that much money working part-time this entire year. *shudder* But I don't care if I have to work for a million summers, it will be worth it. Another drawback of course is that I won't see my family or friends for 4 1/2 months. For some that's not a big deal, but I depend on mine alot...more than even I realize. Finally, there is the fact that Jerusalem is not a politcally or religiously settled place. Just a few months ago a man drove a bulldozer down a busy street of Israelis. Things are alot different there. But all of these changes are necessary. I've been feeling so stuck lately, and now I have my answer. I'm going somewhere else to learn something new. Broadening my horizons is always a good thing. Now I just have to find the patience to get through the next (less than!!) 4 months.

2 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

Elyse I am so happy for you! I know Jerusalem will be awesome...and then when you come back...you can go to Romania with me in the fall...because really...why spend an entire year in the US if you don't have too?? :)

September 20, 2008 at 4:35 PM  
Blogger Michelle Glauser said...

JEALOUS!

December 6, 2008 at 3:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home