A Little Perspective

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Love/Hate

Have you ever wondered what life would be like without a person in it? Sometimes you may think that life would be more simple, maybe even happier, if that person were never there. Yet other times you'd swear that if it hadn't been for the thought of them, you never would have made it through things. Maybe love and hate aren't quite as far apart as we all would like to think. People are just too complex. Lets take ramen noodles for example...at some time in everybody's life, they are loving the ramen noodles. It's ok, it happens to all of us. But at some point eventually, the thought of this psuedo asian food makes you nauseous. So it's a love/hate kind of thing. Noodles can't make you feel like dirt though. They can't make you feel insignificant and small. That's only people, and usually just that one person. How about another example? How about the lakers? Back in the day, when I was young and naive (and a native of nevada who had no basketball team), I thought the lakers were the best team ever. I loved watching the games with my dad and brothers while pretending I knew how the game worked by groaning whenever there was a call. That was love. Now, the lakers are the bane of my existence and I think kobe bryant's ego is larger than canada. Not to mention the lack of skills their bench players have. This is what I'd call hate. So there it is again, love and hate. It's a fine line my friends, a fine line. If only relationships were as uncomplicated as ramen noodles and the lakers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

I love that you just used love and hate and related it to the Lakers and Ramen noodles... you rock my socks.

May 15, 2008 at 10:24 AM  
Blogger Lysee said...

wait just a second... i need to catch my breath from all the laughing i just did... thats what i call love my friend- i love it. and i will tell ya right now i hate not being around people, especially you! hate hate hate it. love you!

May 15, 2008 at 10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home