A Little Perspective

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A New Kind of Disorder

I decided I have a problem. Granted, that's no new revelation to most. Haha. But, I suppose I wasn't fully conscious of it myself until just recently. I don't know if there's an actual medical term for what I have...but I think it falls somewhere in between Obsessive Compulsive and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. So that would make it OCADHD. Catchy huh? It's true though. I suffer from symptoms of both and I think I should be examined. For example, I work at a bookstore. Well, sometimes I happen to pass by on my day off as I'm running errands (a negative indicator in and of itself). Can I simply walk past a table with a crooked book or a shelf with a gaping hole? Nope. Not for a second. On occasion I've even stooped so low as to straighten things in other stores that don't even employ me! Why??? To further illustrate my debilitated mental state, let's take a look at my weekly schedule. On any given day I spend approximately 10 hours between one of my two jobs or class, and then spend at least 1-2 hours on homework with another occasional 1 1/2 at the gym. Who DOES that? Well, apparently me. I've also realized lately that no matter what it is I'm doing, I throw myself into it completely and refuse to just 'slide by' with minimal effort. When did I become such an over-achiever? I used to enjoy doing a mediocre job every once in awhile. It makes you feel normal you know? Now I just feel...disabled. Haha. So any suggested remedies are welcome my friends, because I need to get off the crazy train here soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home