A Little Perspective

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Freedom!!!!!

Honestly, every time I think of that word, visions of Mel Gibson in a kilt on top of a grassy knoll with war paint on his face dance through my head. But once that gets through my system, I remember what freedom really means. Freedom means not letting the world get you down. I was thinking the other day of how concerned I've become with the opinions and judgments of those around me. I've been living the last few months feeling like I'm under a magnifying glass, and it has kind of been sucky. (By the way sucky happens to be in Merriam-Webster dictionary these days, and I like to think I had a hand in that addition thank you very much) Always doing things as if I was living out my life on the Truman Show with every moment broadcast on national television. But you know what I realized? The world doesn't really care. No one cares that much. And if they do care enough to form an opinion, why should I bother worrying about it? So what if I'm not perfect? So what if I like my shoes that have holes in them and actually enjoy doing my laundry every week? So what if I sing along to songs I don't know the words to and laugh at parts in the movie that no one else thinks are funny? I'm good with that, because even though I may be a little crazy and weird, at the end of the day I'm still me. Go ahead and think what you want, but as for me and my life? We're just fine.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chelsea said...

Yay Elyse I'm so happy you blogged! I've been looking at all the many blogs all down the side of my blog all day, disappointed that no one is updating like I am. :) People need to blog more. I need things to read.

Aaaaand... good news!!! I"M COMING TO UTAH! YES! I'm just about to buy my ticket actually. I'll be there from the 14th to the 26th. :) YAY! Got a family reunion for few days in there.... and... a JC family reunion for many of those days too!
I will see you soon!!!

May 1, 2010 at 6:16 PM  
Blogger Chelsea said...

I like that I just wrote you a letter in your blog comments. And that I'm writing you another one right now. :)
So excited for you to go on a mission toooo!
Oh it's just all too good!

May 1, 2010 at 6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home