A Little Perspective

Monday, March 22, 2010

The Disease of Nostalgia

While some of you may not realize it, nostalgia is, in fact, a disease. Actually, back in the old days it was thought of as a mental illness, and I would have to agree. Lately I have been getting so nostalgic and sentimental that it makes me want to throw up. I'm not normally like that, which is likely the reason for my disgust. I know some people enjoy that feeling, but not me. Nostalgia is such a contradiction. You sit there wishing for something you never had and missing something you never really experienced. It's all a product of your mind trying to dig up something that was pleasurable from your past to relive it in the present. But it's not the same. And in the process of digging, you damage the memory further, which makes everything hurt all the more. So as I deal with this infection as of late, I'm just wondering if anyone out there has a remedy? If so, please share!

Speaking of diseases...I'm pretty sure I'm getting sick. I feel that hint of a throb in the back of my head and I'm pretty sure my tonsils are swelling by the minute. Being at the start of sickness is like standing in front of a semi-truck and just waiting for it to mow you down, because you know it's inevitable. Sure you can take some vitamins, but that's about the equivalent of a pillow out in front of you to fend off the semi-truck. It doesn't really work. The better option would be to take the pillow and lie down on the road. At least then your comfortable. Mmmm sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home