A Little Perspective

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Led Zeppelin and First Days

I just found out that one of my favorite piano songs was actually a remake of a Led Zeppelin song. Not sure how I feel about that. Apparently I like psychedelic rock more than I thought I did. Who would've thought? In fact the more I listen to classic reggae, the more I like it. Maybe I've just been watching That 70's Show too much or soemthing.

Anyways, classes have started again and I find myself falling into the dull daily grind of things again. Although yesterday in my first class of American lit, we had the most intensely theoretical discussion I've ever had on a first day. We talked about Derrida and poststructuralism. It kind of blew my mind just a little bit. But only a little. I've also started my first education class, which is also blowing my mind. Being a teacher is hard, but I am really excited to get to go into classrooms this semester and observe teachers. Of course I'll also have to sell my soul to them and undoubtedly spending countless hours doing the things my mentor teacher doesn't want to do herself. Sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home