A Little Perspective

Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Surreal Life

Today I attended the last day of class I will ever have to go to...in the year 2009 at least. Still have plenty more ahead. Luckily. Haha. The last few weeks have been a little strange and I can't quite pin down what's been going on. I've been walking around with the feeling that I'm watching my life from a tv screen. Do you ever feel like that? Like you're having a really long dream and you're watching the motions of life go forward like normal, but you're not in it. All of the sudden the end of the semester came, the snow came, the change came. So I'm just waiting to wake up and realize that the last 4 months weren't real and I've still got to get through fall. Weird.

Anywho, going along with the theme of surreality (is that even a word, because if it isn't it probably should be), I've got another bombshell in my life. Ever since I was little, I have dreamed of going to England. But I've been telling myself since I got back from Jerusalem that it just wasn't feasible. That I shouldn't take out another loan, that I got my chance to live abroad, and I've got a lot of other options to pursue here. However, a few weeks ago right before Thanksgiving, I decided to bite the bullet and apply to the study abroad program anyway. I figured the odds of my being accepted were slim considering my circumstances. But then I had my interview with the directors on Tuesday and they were ready to adopt me they liked me so much. So I got my email of acceptance today, and now I'M GOING TO ENGLAND NEXT SUMMER!!!!! I haven't even told my parents yet, so shhhhh! Probably because I know they'll tell me I shouldn't. It's kind of insane, but I am incredibly excited for the opportunity to fulfill a lifelong dream....and of course still waiting to wake up. But at this point, I sincerely hope I don't.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Shut up!!! That is sooo exciting! Can I come visit you?!? And as for your parents...who cares? You HAVE to do it! The day will come when you won't have opportunities like this so live it up while you can! I'm so very jealous! You are going to have the time of your life! But you better not replace the Jeru Crew with London groupies!!! OR ELSE!

December 11, 2009 at 12:28 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Elyse!!!! This is so exciting! And I'm not a bit surprised that the directors already love you. *twing of saddness* I will miss you, but I fully expect a blog! Please. :)

December 12, 2009 at 6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home