A Little Perspective

Friday, May 14, 2010

Welcome to Wonderland

So I'm going to try something a little different today. It probably has something to do with the fact that I drank a giant dr. pepper slurpee tonight, not to mention the dr. pepper I drank with dinner, and am now so hyped on caffeine I will likely get little sleep. But this is beside the point. I decided to do a little stream of conscious narrative of my day...of the things I can remember at least. So just to give you fair warning, this is what it is like in the head of Elyse. Scared yet? You should be...

Who is texting me this early in the morning? I mean I know it's almost 9am, but still. Oh it's okay. It's just ______. What a good friend to check up on me. I have such awesome friends. But I'm going back to sleep now. I'll text her back when I'm actually awake....

Seriously? My costco card is expired? After I just spent the last 30 minutes driving out of my way to buy the cheaper gas? Gah! This day already stinks. What is that lady in front of me looking at? Yeah I'm mad, but it's not like I was about to go serial killer. Maybe I really did look that mad. Meh. Now I have to go buy gas from stupid Chevron for like 15 cents more per gallon. Jeez....

Would it be too rude to just tell her that her stupid jangling bracelet is giving me a migraine? I think I'm going to start tearing my hair out if I have to listen to this for the next month. Is it really worth it though? Maybe I'll just go get my ipod. Nope, that won't cover it up. You know it kind of reminds me of that one scripture about how worldly women wear tinkling jewelry. I wonder what she'd do if I told her that haha. Offended? Hmm....

Probably should start home soon. I wonder what would happen if I just kept driving on and on right past my turn. I have a full tank of gas. I could probably make it a ways, at least out of Utah. Tempting, very tempting....

Ugh, I definitely shouldn't have sucked down that super sized slurpee. Not to mention the brainfreeze sucks. Next time I'm definitely opting for the smaller one. And I can't believe I didn't realize I was spilling it on myself during the movie! Stained through three layers of clothes. I wonder if slurpee stains are permanent....

I think I have an ulcer. Well let's be honest, it's probably because of ______. Can people cause ulcers? Because looking at my track record, I'm pretty sure it's proven fact. Nausea, loss of appetite, anxiety, and sharp pains in the stomach. Is that even normal? I don't think so....

I hate when people drive down the canyon with their brights on at night. I can drive up just fine without mine on. Hello?!?! I almost just hit you head-on because I couldn't even see straight! And I probably wouldn't even feel guilty about killing you, because you are an idiot. I wonder if I actually would feel guilty after I was dead....

I don't get on facebook all day and what do I come home to find? Three new friends in a relationship or engaged, and multiple comments on my overshare of a status. I really need to quit facebook, it's starting to get unhealthy....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home